Ah, the gentle power of perspective, isn't it magical? Here’s a sprinkle of hope that this piece finds a cozy corner in your heart and if it does, feel free to spread the ❤️power up vibes around.
A stretch of 210 days.
A voyage through 5,040 hours.
A journey across 302,400 minutes.
Imagine being handed down a timeline, a supposed expiry date of your essence on this earthly realm. This became my reality exactly seven months ago. The gamut of emotions that coursed through me could well be the colors of a bewildering yet profound palette - numbness, confusion, conflict, anger, loneliness, and a profound sadness. The cloak of anxiety, so foreign, yet so smothering. Amidst the storm, there stood Becky, my beacon of bravery in the tempest. She's the epitome of courage, albeit in humble denial of her strength.
That day, seven months ago, was a day etched in the shades of despair, a day where empathy played truant, grace seemed to have lost its way, and hope was an elusive dream. I was traversing through a dark tunnel with an unknown dread chasing me, yet no speck of light to assure the end. However peculiar it may sound, gratitude has found its way even in those dark alleys.
I know, it may seem like an odd sentiment. The path to finding a sliver of gratitude was a voyage into the uncharted terrains of my soul. It nudged me to confront questions I skirted around, and face the one entity I evaded for so long - myself.
Did you know our days are packed with 86,400 seconds? Which translates to 86,400 chances to make a choice, to embrace a new perspective.
You hold the reins, you know? The “experts” sketch a narrative based on statistics, their wisdom, albeit profound, isn't the gospel of your existence. They may navigate the waters of generalities well, but when it comes to the unique narrative of YOU, you're the maestro.
The voyage of seven months unfurled layers of realizations. Here are some nuggets of wisdom harvested along the way:
- Self-love is a sanctuary. The harsh dialogue we often indulge in with ourselves in solitude bears no truth.
- Mortality isn’t a distant concept, it’s real. The essence isn’t in dodging death, but in embracing life, every single moment of it.
- I’ve got a long narrative ahead, filled with stories, perhaps marinated in bad grammar, but oozing with authenticity.
- Love is a mightier force than fear could ever aspire to be. It’s a constant companion, even when shadows loom large.
- The narrative of “fighting cancer” doesn’t resonate with my core. I’ve been in the boxing ring with myself for far too long to continue the battle.
- I choose to live, to embrace, to love, and to be.
So, if the sands of time seemed to be slipping too fast, what narrative would you choose to live?
Live More. Love More. Wonder More.
Your support and the waves of positive vibes have been a treasure.
Thank you! ❤️🙏❤️
Here’s to more living, more loving, and endless wondering.
With much love,